When you submit information to us, or sign up as a customer on our website to purchase, view or otherwise browse any of the products, services or content offered by us, you agree and consent to SALTY BANGS.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
During our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data from you. Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect includes your name, contact details, mailing and delivery addresses, email address, birthday, your shopping or browsing behaviours, and any other personally identifiable information that you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you and us. Where such information pertains to an identified individual - Personal Data may also include network and device data such as IP address and device or advertising identifiers and information we obtain using cookies or other tracking technologies.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect Personal Data from you when:
1. You register an account on the Website or the Apps;
2. You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter or product notifications;
3. You browse our products and services or otherwise interact with our Website and Apps;
4. You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on your device;
5. You interact with our customer service team or other representatives, for example, via our webform, chat, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
6. You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
7. You sign up to our affiliate marketing partner network;
8. You purchase a gift card for redemption on SALTY BANGS;
9. You participate in our promotions and giveaways, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
10. You voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
1. provide, maintain, protect and improve our technology, products and services, and monitor their effectiveness;
2. register and maintain your user account and to verify your identity or age;
3. process your order for our products or services, process or collect your payment for the order;
4. deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
5. facilitate you transacting via alternative payment methods (such as Paypal or Afterpay);
6. process your returns or refunds in accordance with our Terms and Conditions;
7. provide you with supporting services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish-list, brand or product and browser notifications;
9. personalise and improve your customer experience when you visit the Website and the Apps, for example by prioritising products and services appearing in your search results or feed, or in communications we send you;
10. monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions, including dispute resolution;
11. to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud detection and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
You should ensure that all Personal Data you submit to us is complete, accurate, up-to-date and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. You should keep us updated of any relevant changes to your Personal Data. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data if you have not updated us of such changes.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Data likely to be used by us or disclosed by us to another organisation is accurate, up-to-date and correct.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured and to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage or alteration of your Personal Data. However, we will not be responsible for any unauthorised use of Personal Data by third parties which is attributable to factors beyond our control. Further, given that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any (personal or other) information you transmit to us; and as such we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to our Platforms being linked to the Internet.
DATA RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION
When Personal Data in our possession is (i) no longer required for any reason connected to the purpose it was originally collected or (ii) retention by us is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes, we will exercise measures to ensure such Personal Data is either destroyed or anonymised. If this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY